General Discussion

Festiva Orlando Resort and possible Multi-family Master Parcel

Oct 29, 2020

Does anybody own or know anything about Festiva Orlando Resort???

My Mom who recently passed away owns a week there and they are having a specials meting Fri Oct 30th and from what I have read in the documents provided half of the place is going to possible be turned into a Multi-family Housing Master Parcel.

Has anybody heard of this or know if it has been done anywhere else.

I am very concerned and wonder if I should working to get out of the TimeShare since Mom just passed.

Any help or suggestions??

Sue N.
Oct 30, 2020

First and foremost, I am sorry for your recent loss.

You are under absolutely no obligation to "inherit" your mother's timeshare. Unless you are already named on the deed as a co-owner, all you have to do is formally, overtly "disclaim" the inheritance and walk (better still, run) away. You cannot be forced to involuntarily inherit a timeshare. Period, amen.

I have no knowledge about the Orlando property you reference, but I would never want anything to do with Festiva under any circumstances. In my personal opinion, Festiva has a track record of doing what's best for Festiva --- at the expense of owners. This is surely not an albatross that you want to willingly hang around your neck. Put this matter behind you by overtly disclaiming the inheritance and don't look back. That's my advice. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 31, 2020 06:43 AM

Oct 30, 2020

Thanks so much for your input. I attended their special meeting and it was clear everything was decided ahead of time and the owners vote meant nothing, just a formality. I appreciate your encouragement and knowledge.

Much appreciated!

Stay Healthy!

Sue N.
Nov 04, 2020

Ken1194 Thanks for your thoughts regarding my situation. She also owns 3 separate biennial points (11,500 pt) at the Fountains thru BlueGreen. Could you fill me in more on how you "formally, overtly "disclaim" the inheritance" is this something I do directly with timeshare companies with provideing death certificate with info on deed OR do you think this something that needs to go thru a lawyer to make sure it does not come back on me since I have been paying for her, although not named on the deed. Would appreciate your thought on the matter.

Sue N.
Nov 06, 2020

Because of differences in applicable state laws, there is no single, universally accurate "one size fits all" answer to your question.

My personal suggestion would be to have a conversation with an attorney, particularly since you have apparently been paying maintenance fee bills for your late mother, something which could be "conveniently misinterpreted" by a resort or chain to "assume" that your intent is to take over ownership and its' responsibilities. Initial consultation with an attorney should be free or very low cost. The preparation of a hard copy "disclaimer" document is likely step one, promptly followed by filing a copy of same with any and all appropriate entities. Any competent attorney can walk you through this, but you really should address this matter sooner rather than later, since (as you surely know) maintenance fee billing season for CY 2021 is already in progress.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 09, 2020 10:57 AM

Nov 07, 2020

Thanks again your info was much appreciated. Take care!

Sue N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.