Ask RedWeek

Charitable gift of a Vacation Reservation

Dec 05, 2020

From time to time, we have thought about donating a week or several day reservation to an organization that could make it available to someone. I was thinking of maybe a military family or someone else who could just use a special experience.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could even contribute some Marriott Vacation Club Points to a common pool to do something like this?

Does anyone know of an organization that could help with this? Other suggestions?

Merry Christmas!

Den
Dec 06, 2020

Your thoughts and generous intentions are noble and admirable --- good on ya!

To the best of my knowledge and belief however, as a practical matter only actual confirmed reservations for a specific place and date can realistically be offered or accepted as a donation. I know of no means or mechanism to just donate or pool points (of any brand), nor "flex" weeks for which no specific reservation has yet actually been made.

As a practical matter, I just cannot envision how points and / or unreserved weeks could possibly be offered for donation.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 09, 2020 12:27 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.