Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

What are the restrictions to...

May 27, 2021

What are the restrictions to purchasing a resale timeshare vs being an original owner?

Rachel D.
Jun 08, 2021

Please visit our page on buying a Marriott timeshare at:

https://www.redweek.com/resources/buy-a-timeshare/marriott-vacation-club-resales

We certainly recommend that you contact Marriott Owner Services as well, as restrictions can change at any time.

Valerie H.
RedWeek.com
Apr 20, 2022

If I understand your question.....there are no restrictions on purchasing directly from Marriott or a private owner (resale). The big difference is if you do not purchase direct you do not receive sale incentives (points, extra time, etc.).

Fred T.
Apr 13, 2023

I have heard there are restrictions with Interval Exchange if you buy a resale vs buying directly from the resort eg added fees, less value on exchanging etc. and that also when you try to book your week with the respect, that resale owners get less priority/ tend to get rooms that view the parking lot etc.

So I am looking for the benefits and restrictions disclosures for Marriott Vacation Club resale owners compared to resort-purchased owners. I called the Marriott Vacation Club directly and they said they will not disclose that information and that we would have to do the full 90 minute session.

Diane F.

Last edited by dianef406 on Apr 13, 2023 09:13 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.