Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is Travelwhere.io travel agency offer to purchase my timeshare a scam?

Oct 20, 2021

I've been approached by Travelwhere with an out of the blue offer to purchase my timeshare. They say they are a travel agency looking to increase their inventory of properties. They're asking for a copy of my Deed of Trust to review so that they can finalize an offer to me via letter of intent, that I must then initial and which will then be forwarded to a law firm to process the transaction. They say no fees paid by me, only out of the proceeds of sale. Has anyone heard of this organization?

Karen G.
Oct 20, 2021

I've never heard of this organization but I've heard of this scam many times. The facts that they approached you out of the blue and offered you more than its value are two surefire signs of a scam.

They claim they will only charge you out of the proceeds of the sale. But what will happen is that they will get you all excited about a big pay day and then tell you there is some sort of fee or tax that you, the seller, must pay and that it must be paid before the sale, paperwork, and transfer can be finalized.

Lance C.
Oct 21, 2021

Not to mention that you would necessarily be providing a whole lot of personal information to a completely unknown entity of ill intent which has absolutely no intention of ever buying your timeshare. No good could ever possibly result from the unwise release of personal info to obvious scammers of completely unknown identity, location or intent. Please take note that the ".io" suffix to the name suggests a geographic location somewhere around the Indian Ocean. Can this possibly sound legit to you???

Really, don’t even communicate with these parasites. They are clearly just scammers hungry to acquire your personal information and / or your money, plainly and simply stated.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 23, 2021 06:59 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.