Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Purchase of Resale at Marriott’s crystal shores

Jul 19, 2022

We are considering purchasing resale, 1 week high floating deed. Is this a good idea?

Iris
Jul 20, 2022

loant4 wrote:
We are considering purchasing resale, 1 week high floating deed. Is this a good idea?

This (relatively new) property on Marco Island has obscenely high "retail" (i.e., developer-direct) prices, but you don't identify what your prospective resale purchase would cost, so it's impossible to know whether it's actually a good deal, financially speaking.

Consider annual maintenance fees costs (which I'm sure are quite high there) and whether the defined range of weeks available for reservation within that particular "floating, high" week ownership would work for you.

In theory, "floating" week ownerships provide reservation flexibility, but ONLY if the specifically defined range of weeks within that particular floating ownership actually works for you AND you can successfully obtain a reservation within that particular specifically defined range of weeks. "Floating" weeks provide flexible reservation opportunity, but with absolutely no guaranty of space availability when you want to be there.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 22, 2022 05:22 AM

Jul 21, 2022

Hello. Are you buying this from Marriott or the owner? If it is from the owner, then you get the week and not any special perks that Marriott may have attached to it. (If you buy from Marriott in the future, then this week will not count towards ownership levels. It is just a week.) I suggest you attend one of the sales briefings and then see if they offer you any of the special "buy back" package deals. These are usually discounted weeks tied to a point purchase.

Also, Marriott is trying to get away from selling deeded weeks and just selling points. At the present, points are selling at +- $16.00 each.

Cynthia S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.