Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Westin Princeville Resale - Booking for use

Aug 09, 2022

My wife and I are considering purchasing an every year week at Westin Princeville. If we purchase through the resale market, how do you reserve the week you want to use? We currently own at Westin Nanea and book through the Vistana website. If we purchase Westin Princeville through resale do we book usage weeks the same way? How would Vistana know that the ownership transferred to us? Obviously we are new to the resale market. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark F.
Aug 11, 2022

Why not call Vistana and ask what the procedure is? You already have a relationship with them. I have never sold a timeshare, or bought from a non-Westin private party so can't advise, but I imagine once you get a new deed from your purchase, you would use the same procedures through Vistana to reserve time there as you have at Westin Nanea. Btw, if you ever want to upgrade your package with Vistana and Westin, we purchased the Westin Flex timeshare package. It provides you with eight "home resorts," including all the Hawaii Vistana Villa locations and therefore you can reserve them one year in advance instead of the usual 8-month advance booking period. As more Westin Flex packages are sold, it will become more difficult to reserve a week within the one-year reservation period for non-Westin Flex resort owners. And yes, it's expensive, but that's the price of the one-year reservation period at your eight home resorts. Good luck whatever you decide.

Michael F.

Last edited by michaelf1277 on Aug 11, 2022 05:55 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.