Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Beware - owners requiring you to violate bonvoy terms and conditions by demanding you leave THEIR Bonvoy number on the room YOU are staying in

Sep 21, 2022

I just tried to rent a timeshare from an owner who attempted to DEMAND that I leave his bonvoy account on the reservation at check in. I know previously the front desk asked me who is staying and changed the number to mine without my asking. So upon checking, Bonvoy terms actually require you to stay in the room to obtain points.

I called the front desk of the resort and they said that they will change the number to the person checking in per policy and to make sure that I (not the owner) receives the bill for incidentals.

Even after explaining all of this to the owner, he STILL DEMANDED that I leave his account on (claiming he always does this). I told him I cannot agree to something that is against Marriott rules and would cause me to potentially have an argument with front desk about.

Beware of this and do not agree to violate Bonvoy terms as follows:

i. A “Stay” is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Property regardless of check-in and check-out activity by a Member who: (A) provides his/her Membership Number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays a Qualifying Rate or applies an Award Redemption for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. A Member may only earn Points for up to three (3) guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays a Qualifying Rate or applies an Award Redemption for all of the guest rooms.

K P.

Last edited by kp126 on Sep 21, 2022 12:48 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.