Dec 29, 2022

Hi,

I'm new to Redweek and have a question about renting. We're interested in doing 4 nights in Maui this summer. There are no exact matches for the dates I need. Is it possible to reach out to owners to determine if they'd book a partial week or do I have to hawk the rentals to see if it will pop up.

Thank you!

Kevin K.
Dec 29, 2022

kevink568 wrote:
We're interested in doing 4 nights in Maui this summer. There are no exact matches for the dates I need. Is it possible to reach out to owners to determine if they'd book a partial week or do I have to hawk the rentals to see if it will pop up.

Most timeshares are owned as a full week. Owners must pay annual maintenance fees for their owned full week, so most are highly unlikely to advertise (or rent out) for only a partial week (unless, of course, the prospective tenant is willing to pay the full week rental price and then just use it for less than that full week).

Some points programs allow their points owners to reserve partial weeks, but I would frankly be very surprised if you could find a partial week timeshare rental on Maui at any time of year on any web site (including RedWeek). Nonetheless, I wish you luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 30, 2022 08:14 AM

Dec 29, 2022

Thanks for the insight. I'm a Disney Vacation Club member so we operate on a points-based system. I'll keep checking. Renting the full week may make sense as the timeshare accommodations in Maui are more affordable and seem nicer than the standard hotels.

Kevin K.
Jan 06, 2023

Just keep scrolling down the list of rentals. I know for a fact that there are some partial weeks in Maui (Kaanapali) since I have been checking too. Good luck!

Gina D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.