General Discussion

Title insurance and making a claim

Jul 30, 2023

I want to get rid of my timeshare, which is massively in disrepair (overgrown tennis court, swimming pool, and hot tub closed due to horrible and unsafe condition, plus major renovations needed throughout, etc). I reviewed the documents stating the title company may be obligated to pay if the title is "Unmarketable" I know typically that means a cloudy title. However, I also found a reference to lack of maintenance as a possibility for a claim.

Has anyone had this experience, or can offer input?

Thanks

Judy M.
Aug 01, 2023

judym723 wrote:
I want to get rid of my timeshare, which is massively in disrepair (overgrown tennis court, swimming pool, and hot tub closed due to horrible and unsafe condition, plus major renovations needed throughout, etc). I reviewed the documents stating the title company may be obligated to pay if the title is "Unmarketable" I know typically that means a cloudy title. However, I also found a reference to lack of maintenance as a possibility for a claim.

Has anyone had this experience, or can offer input?

Thanks

I cannot even begin to comprehend how there could possibly be any nexus (connection) between a lack of timeshare property maintenance and any title company which may simply have handled a previous transfer of ownership. To the best of my knowledge and belief, no title company has any responsibility or culpability whatsoever regarding how / if a timeshare property is managed (or mismanaged) or maintained (or not maintained), so I am baffled as to what you may have read that might somehow suggest otherwise. You might want to seek the opinion of a licensed legal professional for input on your particular "interpretation".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 01, 2023 03:55 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.