General Discussion

Why does this work?

Sep 15, 2023

I've posted my ts several times, and I haven't heard a response from anyone? Is the vacation industry dead or is the marketing here inept?

Andrew W.
Sep 15, 2023

andreww372 wrote:
I've posted my ts several times, and I haven't heard a response from anyone? Is the vacation industry dead or is the marketing here inept?

The timeshare and vacation industries are both very much alive and well right now, with all of the post-pandemic pent up travel demand being unleashed. That said, in order for a rental or a resale to be attractive to buyers or renters, the resort location, resort quality, usage dates, unit size and seasonal demand are all factors that determine how much interest any timeshare "offering" will elicit. Needless to say, price is also a big factor. Any "offering" that is priced far above other similar offerings for comparable location, date range and unit size will predictably result only in "crickets".

As for timeshare resales, no one cares one bit what a seller may have paid previously; that figure is completely irrelevant to current resale market value. The resale market "finds its' own level" for pricing and smart buyers understandably only care about what they can buy a timeshare for now, today, in the secondary (resale) market. People who seriously overpaid by buying directly from a developer / company (instead of buying resale) often use their purchase price as the figure they want to “recover”, but the simple fact is that any such expectation is completely unrealistic. Those who purchase timeshares “developer direct” should always expect to take a serious financial beating / haircut in the resale market, since no timeshare on this planet increases in value after a developer-direct purchase and many decrease in market value by 90% (or more) immediately upon purchase. From a “financial investment” perspective, buying a timeshare directly from a developer is probably the worst decision anyone can ever possibly make. Either buy resale, or don’t buy at all.

P.S. I am unclear on what you mean in referring to "marketing here". RedWeek is just a web site on which people may choose to advertise timeshare weeks for rent or resale; there is no "marketing" going on here. Why would you somehow believe otherwise?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 18, 2023 03:58 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.