Timeshare Companies

Marriott vacation club legacy week into club points

Dec 23, 2023

I own a platinum plus owner over new years at canyon villas for 20 years. I wanted some information so I talked to a rep on-site in Florida. They offered a “trade-in” to have all vacation club point since I do not use the location my deeded week but normally exchange for points or interval. The offer was trade-in the deeded week and buy an additional 2,000 points. Has anyone been thru this? Price per point was $17+.

They said the offer was primarily between 2020- august 2022.

Also has anyone heard of or aware of the 10 year maintenance additional fee. Mine would go up $8,000 per year from 2025-2035.they said a lot of states are imposing this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/comments.

Jeffrey C.
Dec 23, 2023

Save your money and decline this offer.

Lance C.
Dec 27, 2023

Any specific info on your response?

Jeffrey C.
Dec 27, 2023

jeffreyc375 wrote:
Any specific info on your response?

No. But almost anything that is offered at these sales presentations are not worth the money.

However, if you want to spend that kind of money that this commissioned sales person is offering, then hey, it's your money. Do what you want with it.

Lance C.
Dec 28, 2023

Yes that is what I heard as well. The only way to convert a deeded week to points is to purchase a minimum amount of points between 1500-2500 points at $17

Lynn O.
Jan 05, 2024

If you are exchanging your week for points each year, why do you want to turn it in for points? In our case, our maintenance fee per point is lower for our weeks than it is for our points. Keep your weeks; it's probably cheaper.

If your fees are higher and you want to dump your week, you do not have to buy points in order to post your week for sale. Contact the re-sale department at MVCW and tell them you want to post your week for sale. Most of the time they will post your week for 90 days or more, and probably sell it. No guarantee, of course, but if they do you'll get as close to fair market value as anywhere else.

Matt S
Jan 17, 2024

Just attended a "sales presentation " was told that as we have 2 legacy weeks, that when we deposit them for mvc points we only see a small portion of what is available. To see the a full list of what is available we would need to buy points. Minimum purchase would be 2000 points.this would open the full list of available units. Is this just a sales pitch or do mvc hold back and block legacy week owners from seeing the full list, when they elect to swap each year their week for mvc points ?

Derek H.
Mar 21, 2024

I also own a week of deeded Timeshare with Marriott Desert Spring. We wanted a more flexible option so we bought 2000 Vacation Club Points which allows us to deposit out Desert Springs week for points. We get 2900 point for the week plus the 2000 points we purchased. the Maintenance Fees are about the same. The benefit is we can use the points for 1-10 days (or more) and bank points to be used for the next year. Depositing and Trading into resorts was becoming challenging but with points it is much easier to get reservations at highly desirable locations. Also more 3-4 day getaways.

KK Tahoe
Mar 25, 2024

The reason why the exchange maybe be worth it is due to the fact that Florida is imposing a reserve requirement (I believe it begins this year). This is due to the collapse of the building in Florida 3 or 4 years ago, as you may recall. This will boost your annual fee significantly on Florida deeded ownership. Most Florida owners are converting out of the week to points for this reason.

Eric Tepen

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.