General Discussion

Your forums will be a phenomenal success ... congratulations !

Oct 16, 2006

Your discussion forums will be a phenomenal success. Redweek was already my favorite timeshare website for buying/selling/renting and reviews .... the forums are the icing on the cake .... congratulations.

R P.
Nov 16, 2006

It's too obvious that you work for redweek.com.

Thomas P.
Nov 18, 2006

thomasp107 wrote:

Actually we don't know jayjay except that he's been a member for years and really likes to help people on our new forums. For that we're grateful, jayjay.

If there's a comment from a RedWeek staff member, you'll see it stated as such under the author's name... like on this post. We don't need to fake messages to get positive remarks.

There are a lot of people that like RedWeek and use it successfully. Those that don't have immediate success don't always blame the site but look for ways to improve their responses.... like re-pricing, better descriptions, purchases of city ads, bolding enhancements or better photos.

Patience can also be an asset. Many more decisions for vacations will be made after Christmas than now, as this is probably one of the lower periods for such planning.

Randy

Randy C.
Nov 19, 2006

No, I do not work for Redweek or any other timeshare related company. I have owned many timeshares over the years and am pretty much educated on most areas involving that subject. I like to share that education with others. Redweek has always been one of my favorite timeshare sales and rental sites. I think the forums are merely the icing on the cake.

thomasp107 wrote:

R P.
Feb 09, 2007

Im a time share owner at Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas Mex. The week I have is Sat to Sat , is it possible to change the start day either permanently or on a temporary basis. Also what happens if you can't check in on your designated day?

Bill L.

Last edited by bill291 on Feb 09, 2007 03:37 PM

Feb 10, 2007

No, it's not possible to change fixed week dates, however if you don't want to stay an entire week you can stay part of your week with check-in any time during your fixed week ownership period, but you will have to leave the following Saturday.

If you wanted to travel to the area on the Friday (or any other day) before your fixed week, you would have to rent a hotel room and check into your resort the next day.

R P.
Feb 20, 2007

jayjay wrote:
No, it's not possible to change fixed week dates, however if you don't want to stay an entire week you can stay part of your week with check-in any time during your fixed week ownership period, but you will have to leave the following Saturday.

If you wanted to travel to the area on the Friday (or any other day) before your fixed week, you would have to rent a hotel room and check into your resort the next day.

Some resorts are able (and willing) to let you rent an extra night or nights at the beginning or end of your week, so it's worth calling the resort to find out. The prices are hotel prices, which aren't so great, but at least it means you don't have such an upheaval as having to move locations.

Debi Z.
Feb 25, 2007

jayjay Your discussion forums will be a phenomenal success. Redweek was already my favorite timeshare website for buying/selling/renting and reviews .... the forums are the icing on the cake .... congratulations.[/Q

I'd like to second that motion regarding the new forums.. The format is very accessable and activity is obviously buzzing!

As far as the rental site is concerned, it would be interesting to have an idea of what the properties marked "Rented" actually rented for. I'm afraid it is frequently well under the asking price. But it is good that we don't "low ball" and try to rent things for way less than fair value or even maintenance fees. This leads to unfair competition and unrealistic expectations by people who want our weeks.

Mary D.
Feb 26, 2007

adahiscout jayjay Your discussion forums will be a phenomenal success. Redweek was already my favorite timeshare website for buying/selling/renting and reviews .... the forums are the icing on the cake .... congratulations.[/Q

I'd like to second that motion regarding the new forums.. The format is very accessable and activity is obviously buzzing!

As far as the rental site is concerned, it would be interesting to have an idea of what the properties marked "Rented" actually rented for. I'm afraid it is frequently well under the asking price. But it is good that we don't "low ball" and try to rent things for way less than fair value or even maintenance fees. This leads to unfair competition and unrealistic expectations by people who want our weeks.[/Q]

Hi adahiscout

So glad you are enjoying the forums! We feel this has been a really nice addition to our website and gives our members valuable information from all of you that have the hands on experience.

Since RedWeek.com isn't involved in the sale/rented transactions we don't know what the final prices were. The owner deactivates their posting when it is rented or sold which then marks the posting as "Rented" or "Sold".

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 26, 2007 12:50 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.