Mayan Palace at Vidanta Puerto Peñasco

Plans for Mayan Palace amenities

Oct 16, 2006

It has been a couple of years since I stayed at this resort and, at that time, they were planning to build the regular Mayan Palace units and a water park, etc.. Does anyone know how that is coming along? And when it might be finished? I hope to go back in 2008 and am wondering if that will be enough time to see progress?

Janet T.
Nov 17, 2006

I was there end of Oct 2006. I went to an owner's presentation and apparently Mayan Resort's newest scheme to try to get you to upgrade is the new Mayan Regency scheme. They are almost finished building the Mayan Regency units at Puerto Penasco. These are slightly larger units than Mayan Palace. They have not finished building the pool at Mayan Regency yet. And I believe the water park is going to be built at the Grand Mayan which is quite a distance down the road from the other two. Let me know if you want more info. I don't think the resort will be completely finished in 2008.

Kari B.
Dec 12, 2006

I am heading to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) at the end of this week. I will let you know what progress they have made. I know one of the golf courses is finished, but the water park, etc. I doubt has even been started. I was at the Riviera Maya in October and was told the Grand Mayan units at Puerto Penasco would be complete near the end of 2007, so maybe they will be done when you visit in 2008.

Tom M.
Dec 12, 2006

Does anyone know the cost of golf now? We're going in January of 2007. What's the weather like this time of the year?

Judi J.
Jan 03, 2007

judi83 wrote:
Does anyone know the cost of golf now? We're going in January of 2007. What's the weather like this time of the year?
I was just at Rocky Point during the week of December 15--22. The weather was very windy (for those of us from Arizona) and then it became nice and calm later in the week. Golf? I don't golf, but I heard a round of golf was going for a "special" of $85.00 until the club house is built. No one is golfing, consider renting quads in Old Port.

Tom M.
Jan 03, 2007

judi83 wrote:
Judi, We are going back January 12-15. When are you going? The weather should be in 60's and sunny during the day. Take a light jacket or sweatshirt, skip the shorts. The resort and most of the town is deserted this time of year, but that means no crowds! Yeah!

Tom M.

Last edited by tom2170 on Jan 03, 2007 12:36 PM

Feb 13, 2007

I am planning to go for the first time to the mayan in puerto peñasco. We have 3 children and dont know what to expect I also saw that there is a spa there. How is that? Is it expensive are there packages. If anyone has some info they could give me I would so appreciate it the main page does not really specify anything. Thanks

Victoria R.
Feb 13, 2007

Mayan Palace does have a spa and I believe their prices are comparable to the US. They have a great gym also. You can gaze at the Sea of Cortez while you run on the treadmill. They also have an indoor pool if the weather outside is cool. And as for golf, I think it is about 85 bucks. Some people I talked to said it was fantastic and they went 2 or 3 times during the week.

Kari B.

Last edited by yukari1 on Feb 13, 2007 08:43 PM

Feb 14, 2007

Another question I am new to the mayan timeshares but I was trying to decide between puerto peñasco and Mazatlan since I have 3 children where would be the best place to take them. I would appreciate any information on these two places.

Victoria R.
Feb 14, 2007

victoriar29 wrote:
Another question I am new to the mayan timeshares but I was trying to decide between puerto peñasco and Mazatlan since I have 3 children where would be the best place to take them. I would appreciate any information on these two places.
We are not sure where to start, but here goes: Puerto Penasco or Rocky Point is about a 4 hour drive from Tempe, AZ or 215 miles. Make sure you have a car because the resort is 20 miles from town. You can rent quads in town, shop in Old Port and walk along Cholla Bay and of course golf. Mayan has two restuarants and although very good, expenses can add up quickly for a family of 5. Kids under 5 are free and 5-12 half off for the buffet at a price of $16 to $26 depending on the meal and day of the week. We are returning in March and hopefully it will be warm enough to use the outdoor pool. The view of the beach is awesome, make sure you ask for a room that faces the water. We have never been to ACA or Nuevo PVR, but check them out for kids activities, depending on the age of your kids. The spa is o.k., but not as good as Cancun. If you could only contact us we could share so much more good and bad.

Tom M.
Feb 15, 2007

tom2170 wrote:
victoriar29 wrote:
We are not sure where to start, but here goes: Puerto Penasco or Rocky Point is about a 4 hour drive from Tempe, AZ or 215 miles. Make sure you have a car because the resort is 20 miles from town. You can rent quads in town, shop in Old Port and walk along Cholla Bay and of course golf. Mayan has two restuarants and although very good, expenses can add up quickly for a family of 5. Kids under 5 are free and 5-12 half off for the buffet at a price of $16 to $26 depending on the meal and day of the week. We are returning in March and hopefully it will be warm enough to use the outdoor pool. The view of the beach is awesome, make sure you ask for a room that faces the water. We have never been to ACA or Nuevo PVR, but check them out for kids activities, depending on the age of your kids. The spa is o.k., but not as good as Cancun. If you could only contact us we could share so much more good and bad.
Definetaly my email is victoriarey@elp.rr.com please email me I would a great deal of more info like the weather in march have you been to the one in Mazatlan please any info so greatly appreciated

Victoria R.
Jul 13, 2007

The 1 bedroom suite is listed as sleeping 4 adults and 2 children.

We stayed there last Sept and must be missing something. There was a king bed in the bedroom. Sleeps two adults and then two couches in the living room that slept one child each. Where are the other two adults supposed to sleep. Did these couches pull out? We could not see how they would.

Has anyone else stayed in these units. Can you shed some light on the sleeping arrangement? Thanks

Eileen M.
Jul 22, 2007

Eileen,

The two couches in the living room have trundle beds underneath that just slide out - so 4 people can sleep in the living room + 2 in the bedroom = 6 people.

Gina M.
Nov 01, 2013

Who has been there lately? These posts are rather old. Thanks. We are thinking of going as we own this timeshare.

Susan G.
Apr 05, 2014

I was there in 2012 and 2013 and had a great time. I am planning on going again in 2014. Last year, there were a lot of work/improvement activities going on. new tower for more suites (they did not know if they were for the bliss/grand bliss or other). Also, a lazy river was under construction. However, I have not heard if they continued these activities all year long.

susang184 wrote:
Who has been there lately? These posts are rather old. Thanks. We are thinking of going as we own this timeshare.

Luis T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.