Report Abuse

Re: Group dining - away from resort

[Q=sarasue] We will be at the Royal Caribbean in Feb. We are bringing along some friends, so there will be 10 in all. Any suggestions where to go out that are group friendly without waiting very long? I'm guessing mid price range for the most part. Thanks![/Q] My wife and I love to eat at Captains Cove. The shuttle bus at the resort will take you directly to the restaurant. Captains Cove was destroyed in the hurricane and has just been completely rebuilt. It was great before, should be better now. You can find info about it on the Royal Resorts website. You should go to the Royal Sands Friday night seafood-Italian buffet. We never miss it. Once again, the resort shuttle will take you there (free shuttle). At Plaza Caracol we enjoy La Fisheria (a George Savio restaurant). I always have the stuffed flounder. Not too far from the Royals is La Dolce Vita (another George Savio restaurant), an Italian restaurant with lagoon view. A really nice place, pink and white marble, quiet, live dinner music - very nice. Our experience at the Royal Resorts restaurants has been very good as well. We really enjoy going to the Palapa at the Royal Mayan for the breakfast buffet. The regular chef there, Javier, is a wonder to watch as he simultaneously prepares multiple items to your order - eggs, omelets, pancakes, waffles. Downtown we like to go to La Parilla (you can take a bus, but we prefer a taxi)- a Mexican grill that is popular with both locals and tourists. There are too many to name. If you use a taxi, we recommed Jerry at the Royal Caribbean taxi stand. He has his own Suburban. He is a wonderful, reliable guy. He has taken us on numerous daytrips as well as downtown. ENJOY!