Report Abuse

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

The problem with Orlando (and the surrounding area) is that the area is vastly oversupplied with timeshare resorts. People can go to Ebay and other listing sites and find a gold crown resort in that area for a couple thousand (plus or minus) if they do their research. We bought a week at one of the nicer Gold Crown resorts in a very popular area of the resort in Kissimmee for almost $11K a few years ago. When we got ready to sell it the most we were offered was $2900. Of course, we took a huge loss. You'll probably have to lessen your price even more if you really want to sell it and stop paying maintenance fees. In 99.9% percent of cases you'll never get your money back from a developer bought timeshare o the resale market. When people are looking at resales they're looking for bargains, not developer prices. We learned that the hard way. [Q=gayler5]I have a timeshare at a wonderful resort in Orlando. There are people interested in buying it until they find out how much the maintenance fee is!! I've dropped the asking price from $13,000 to $7,500 Thanks for your response...My timeshare is at Kingstown Reef at the Crowne Plaza (Worldmark) in Orlando, five minutes from Disney World. It is a 2-bedroom... I have posted an ad to rent; I've also said that I have extra RCI points which need to be used by the end of Jan, 2007. I also have not used the week for 2006. What would you say is a "fire sale" price? I need to sell by the end of January. I am on disability for bipolar disorder and could really use the money right now!![/Q]