Report Abuse

Re: WALK AWAY FROM TIMESHARE

[Q=donak10]I would like to sell my timeshare and at least recoup some of my equity but I not sure where to turn.[/Q] The first thing to know is where not to turn. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell your unit. Those are scams. The next thing to understand is knowing what your unit is worth on the resale market. At least 90% of them out there are worth about zero dollars. The way you described your unit, it might be worth a few (and I emphasize "few") dollars. A good way to find out is to log into your E-Bay account (if you have one) and look for completed listings of similar units at the same resort. Don't put too much stock into active listings because asking prices are usually delusional and way out of line. Completed listings show what people actually paid for such units. If you see that many listings closed with low sale value or closed without attracting any bids, then that's a good indication that your unit is worth about zero dollars. Next would be to list and advertise your unit on reputable websites such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG; tugbbs.com), or Craigslist. With Craigslist, just be careful with the numerous spam and scam attempts you will get.