Report Abuse

Resort Reconstruction Status?

Owners / users at this resort are likely well aware that there was a fire at this facility several years ago now. One entire wing of the facility (the northermost section) was subsequently torn down completely. The rebuilding of that particular section has been painfully slow to date, although new concrete framework appears to be slowly progressing --- several YEARS after the fire. During a recent personal visit and inquiry there, I learned from the (somewhat cryptic) on-site HOA representative that there has been an ongoing dispute of some kind with the insurance company and now --- joy of joys --- lawyers and lawsuits of indeterminate outcome. So, my question is very specifically as follows: Does any current owner at the resort) KNOW for a fact (not rumor, not hearsay or speculation) ---- but FACT --- what the current status of this lawsuit is in terms of its progress or its final (if ever) resolution? As I said, the resort HOA representative on site seemed considerably less than forthcomong in answering my questions, so I'm "reaching out" further for owner info. I had some interest in buying an advertised week here, but my interest has been somewhat dampened by learning of the absurdly slow reconstruction, the ongoing insurance company issues --- and now lawyers. The fact that the HOA rep was so unhelpful and uninformative just gives me even further pause. Can anyone shed some informative light on this situation, based upon FACTUAL, first hand KNOWLEDGE? Neither uninformed speculation nor opinion would be at all helpful here -- I'm looking for some FACTS based upon the PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE of a current owner. I know it's a stretch asking this question in the context of this forum, but the HOA rep on site at the resort seemed MUCH less than helpful in providing any meaningful answers OR in identifying any current owners from whom I might get more information as a prospective buyer here. Thanks.