Report Abuse

Re: Buying Multiple timeshares and renting them out for profit

[Q=ronm615] Is this something that people do. Purchase multiple timeshare properties off the resale market and lease them out for profit. It seems like a risky venture, but I would think savvy people could make a small profit off this. Let me know if you or someone you know actually do this, and if so, how successful are they at it.[/Q] It doesn't matter whether a person purchased off the resale market or from the developer. What matters is what the maintenance fees are compared to what an owner could easily fetch for a rental. Like you said, it is a risky venture. From my personal observation, it seems like >95% of the units out there have their maintenance fees exceed what could be fetched for a rental, thus making these properties a huge liability, especially if someone wants to undertake the venture of renting these out for profit and business. If you are fortunate enough to find and own a unit that could be rented out for more than the maintenance fees, you also have to consider your time and effort including advertising, dealing with wafflers, collecting money, and dealing with disputes.