Report Abuse

Re: Does anyone know.....is moon palace ONLY an all inclusive?

[Q=gina391] [Q=jillh21] [Q=gina391]Jill Yes, your right. The spa benefits as well as all the tours being included are a plus. However, we have had problems with reservations and airline ticketing through their travel company. We did rent out a week last year and made nice money on it but who do you know will spend $3000 + on a week's vacation The Moon Palace is ONLY an all inclusive. The AI price usually ranges from $150 - $200 per day per person. It is not cheap. Kids are less of course. It is a beautiful place and we too purchased weeks there....or what they call a Presidential Membership. They give you all these free roundtrip airline tickets, 4 free weeks to come and stay there for FREE (u don't have to pay the AI either)...but we are now realizing "what actually is the benefit of owning with the Palace Resorts"? We have been there 3 x's last year and we were supposed to leave yesterday but my husbands passport had expired and we didn't know till we got to the airport. If anyone else owns with the Resorts can you please contact me and tell me if you think the same way.[/Q] Well, I'm an owner of the smaller unit. I think owning forces you to vacation and all of the Palace Resorts are all five stars. One advantage of owning are the free massages, manicures, pedicures and excursions. You can also rent your weeks out, if you can find anyone. I'm not sure of any other benefits.[/Q][/Q] We bought a membership with the main purpose of using our weeks to trade though RCI for other locations. We have stayed at Moon Palace one time and gave one of our "free" weeks as a wedding present to my husband's daughter. It is a beautiful resort with many good restaurants and lovely accommodations. The day trips that are included with many packages are very well-run. We probably won't stay there again, but look forward to using our membership to stay at other resorts. All-Inclusive is quite enjoyable, but we like to take side trips into the surrounding areas and feel like we would be too confined to always stay at an all inclusive resort. In addition, the membership only means that you can reserve a week at a somewhat reduced price - you still have to pay the all-inclusive fee which is quite expensive. The main advantage to us is that there is no monthly maintenance fee - you pay a little over $500 at the time you want to exchange - not a monthly fee. If you don't travel, you don't pay, unlike the monthly fees charged by other resort memberships. The other advantage for us is that we both have children from previous marriages. The remaining weeks can be left equally to our children in our wills and they can use them or not - we are not saddling them with a monthly fee. Like us, they will only pay the exchange fee if they choose to use the weeks.