Report Abuse

Pahio resorts bought over by Wyndham Resorts

We own at Pahio Bali Hai Villas. Recently, Oct. of 2006 the Wyndham Resorts bought out all of the Pahio Resorts which are located in Kauai. What we find frustrating is that even though we received a welcome letter stating that they bought the Pahio Resorts and welcomed us into the Wyndham family we really cannot use the Wyndham inventory unless we go through RCI. Previously Fairfield owners which were also bought out by Wyndham can use the Wyndham inventory. So even though we now own at a Wydham Resort-because our resort was bought by them we are not acknowledged as a Wyndham Owner. When you call Wyndham Resorts they won't talk to you unless you have a member #. We talked to a sales person yesterday at our resort in Kauai and they said even though our resort was bought by Wyndham Resorts in order for us to get an id # we had to buy another unit at our same resort or pay $10,000.00 for the member id#. I thought that was an easy way for them to make some big bucks, and I felt this system seemed unfair. So I kind of feel that the owners that don't pay for the Wyndham name are on their own. Has anybody understood this any differently?