Report Abuse

Re: Looking forward to discussing Timeshares, especially WLR&S

First, try calling the II rep and not just using the web site. Believe it or not that some times works better. There should be a way you can search with your three bedroom. When I had a three bedroom here I know I was able to. In fact others must be doing it as that is how three bedroom units show up in the sysytem. Timeshareing is as much an art as anything. There are definetly tricks to using it. As for the red week thing. All weeks are still red. It's just that some are worth more than others. Nothing has changed in the Interval system. You are searching and exchanging same quality as before. True, Westgate now enforces the value of their seasons when it comes to internal exchanges and this makes internal exchanges more difficult, but that shouldn't affect an II search. And yes, many owners like yourself are not happy about the new rules. Ont he other hand, owners of more expensive weeks feel vindicated that the units they paid more for get better weeks in the system. Still, when you make a change in how they were doing it, that creates a problem. If you truly want to sell and be done with it, regardless of the price, the place to sell is Ebay. You will get less than what you are probably asking to sell on Redweek or any other site, but if your choices are sell and be done with it, or hold and hold and hold and hold..... until maybe someone who hasn't seen ebay finds your unit for sale and has to have it, which would you choose. There are many many timeshare owners like you out there. Some love timeshares, some loathe. Same with Westgate, some love them, some hate them. Everyone is different. If you have not yet found TUG you may want to check that site as well. www.tug2.net. Their bulleting board has your story repeated many times over. Good luck and let me know if you have any other thoughts.