Report Abuse

Re: Things to know...

I don't know anything specific about the Marriott Web Page. We have eaten at both Simply Fish and Tuscany. I thought both were way overpriced. We were eaten alive by bugs (sand fleas?) at Simply Fish. Tuscany was just so-so. I think the best restaurant on-site is Champions Sports Bar in the Ocean Club. We also like the Breakfast Panini by the pool at the Surf Club. There are better restaurants within walking distance than the ones you mentioned at the Marriott. Some names that come to mind are Hostaria Da Vittorio for Italian and Aqua Grill or Fishes and More for Fish. You will see a row of resaurants across from the Hyatt (three hotels down from the Marriott Compound) that will include Texas de Brazil, Benihana, Hooters, Salt and Peppar, Argentine Grill, Fishes and More, Tony Roma's and more. In-hotel favorites of ours are the Teppan Japanese restaurant "Blossoms" at the Westin (formerly Wyndam). The Steakhouse there is good too. Also try Sunset Grill for steak and seafood at the Radisson and be sure to order the Martini Salad (no alcohol). The salad presentation is fun. It is large enough to share.