Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

On the contrary, there are hundreds of timeshare upfront resale companies that have been in business for many years and it seems new ones pop up everyday. There's a goldmine in owning or working at such a company. Upfront fee resale companies take advantage of desperate people who need/want to sell their timeshare, and many of those people will pay a fee in the hundreds of dollars in the hopes that they will sell their timeshare. Some people have even been scammed twice or more by upfront fee resale companies. There are very few resale companies that do not charge an upfront fee and the few I've found are listed in the 'no upfront fee resale companies' in this forum. These type companies charge a flat rate ($1500) if they sell your timeshare or 15% of the selling price over a certain amount. The entire upfront fee resale business needs a major overhaul and getting government agenicies involved is the way to go. If they start getting complaints in the thousands, then they will have to do something. [Q]A list of reputable resale Companies and methods of resale would be more useful as the scammers don't last long unless they are big. We know who the big ones are![/Q]