Report Abuse

Re: Re: If you are a renter and you want an option to save 7 %, read this post.

I do appreciate your responses. Redweek wrote We find some renters feel comfortable if they know RedWeek has verified the basic details of the posting with the resort, while other renters are looking only for rentals where the payment goes through RedWeek. I agree and this is exactly my point. Some renters are comfortable with each service offered by Redweek. Some renting owners are also comfortable with each service. The question I have rattling in my brain as an owner comfortable with Verified , why would Redweek take a service it offers (Verified), recognizing that some renters are comfortable with and make it more difficult for a renter to find what they are comfortable with. This is the reason I believe it should be featured together. If the goal is to 100% eliminate scams, then Verify & Protection is the only service that should be offered. If you recognize Verified as a service renters are comfortable with you should make it easy to find, not harder. When you have two services that are of value to different renters and owners such that you keep both as a service in your portfolio, yet you give preference to the one that makes you the most money, it jumps out that it is about making money. If it is about scam protection, and not about the money, eliminate Verified. Right now you are deciding for renters and owners. I personally belong to an Marriott Facebook groups for Aruba, Hilton Head, Marriott Vacation Club (MVC) Rent or Sale, MVC Private Rentals, Marriott, and Vistana/Starwood Rent, Trade and Sale. I can only speak for the Marriott Facebook groups that I am a part of, but I think you are underestimating the groundswell. Many Facebook groups are leveraging your changes. Most people feel as comfortable with Facebook as they do with Redweek. I have a couple more weeks I am renting and they are being done on facebook. At some point I may put it on Redweek Verified. I thank you for listening. If you can reply, I would appreciate it. I know Redweek will not back off the default option Change of favoring only Verified & Protected until it impacts business..