Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

[Q=adahiscout] [Q=james2602] what catches my eye is the price you paid vs. what you will get if you sell. using the resale price as your expected return . my points cost vs. selling is about the same. where as with my fixed weeks if i were to sell the price i would likely receive is greater than what i paid.[/Q] Actually, getting into Fairfield/Wyndham would not have been that much of a savings Resale because the Resale points, as I understand it, do not automatically get into Fairshare Plus which is what facilitates the free exchanges among FF/W resorts. To get that, you would probably have to buy some new points and 105K is usually the minimum buy. This may be a new policy. I'm not sure. But I remember seeing something about that recently. MD[/Q] Where did you hear that? It is NOT true for Wyndham (FF) Fairshare Points. It is true for some point systems such as Sunterra where you can sell the underlying deeded week but the Club membership has to be re-purchased. In Wyndham if you pay the $.03 or less for resale points (vs the $.12 or more they charge retail) your points spend exactly the same way as those far more expensive retail ones. Resale Fairshare Points are one of the great deals in multi-resort timeshare systems right now. Until Wyndham wakes up and starts doing things to raise - not depress - the value of resales they will continue to be a great deal an thus make retail Wyndham Points a ripoff.