Report Abuse

RE: exchanges within the Marriott resorts

[Q=d58] Who told you this? Currently most marriotts only trade with II (some Marriott Vail weeks can also trade via RCI) and intra-marriott trades are through II, and completely the same if you purchased from a developer/Marriott or a private party.[/Q] My sister-in-law told me that this restriction came from the "buy-back" agency at Marriott sales office. I called to question that very unfair practice and an agent from marriott told me exactly the same thing. If you don't buy directly from Marriott, you cannot exchange your week freely within the marriott system. Yes, you could deposit your week in II and trade it that way. My question was "could a new owner trade within the marriott chain, thereby avoiding II deposits and fees." So, you still missed my point. If I buy a marriott week through Red Week, could I log on to Marriott and exchange directly within the marriott chain? It is my understanding that a Marriott timeshare owner can book a week at any of the participating Marriott resorts without going through an outside exchange agency.