Report Abuse

Re: Interval International /

[Q=phill12] [Q=johnh274] It's DEAD wrong about II when it comes to look for exchange before DEPOSIT. A deposit HAS TO BE MADE prior look-up being done by II. II 's possibly changed their policy. It just happened to me at the time I searched for timeshare in Aruba.[/Q] John, You do not need to make a deposit to look! What you need to do is show what timeshare you would trade for your trade! I would think that then a filter system would kick in so you see what is available to you! I might be wrong about the filter but this is what II has told me![/Q] Correct you have to show which unit you are trading to start searching. This does not mean it is deposited with II it just means you are a member of II and have a unit to deposit. The only way they can search for you is to know what unit you will be using so they can search for compatable units. I was also told all trades are open to every member within 60 days of the date you wish to go away. Example: A yellow week can get a 5 star red week in that time frame of 60 days or under. Sometimes I don't see that working as promised since I have a few units to search with and even only searching for times that are 60 days or less some units pull up better trades for that time period. II also has flex exchange if you deposit your week with only 45 days left before the units actual week. I hate flex exchange since there never ever seems to be any good resorts to go to. I always make sure my decision on what I'm doing with that week is decided before 45 days to the time of my units week. The getaways that II offers look great. I was looking at them the other day and they wanted $554 for a week in the Dominican republic. Than I went directly to that resorts website in Dominican republic and played around booking those exact dates, room size and the resort wanted $2300. Big difference!