Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

[Q=adahiscout] [Q=james2602] what catches my eye is the price you paid vs. what you will get if you sell. using the resale price as your expected return . my points cost vs. selling is about the same. where as with my fixed weeks if i were to sell the price i would likely receive is greater than what i paid.[/Q] ===== Why would someone want to pay more for a fixed week when a person can get so much more using resort based points? ( Unless, of course, you have a really great week in a hard to get location!) I've looked at the "For Sale" lists often posted at fixed week resorts (as their original buyers age). They are generally pretty low. Some owners would gladly give a week away to avoid maintenance fees. Of course, owners who bought 20 years ago may not have paid much originally compared to 2007 prices, but if maintenance fees did not rise and keep the resort in good shape, who will want it? Except maybe to bank with RCI WEEKS and annoy the folks who exchange into it! MD[/Q] the last thing i am is knowledgeable, but my 4 weeks of fixed are currently selling for more than i paid, whereas, my sunterra points ( same dollars expended ) provide only 2 weeks resort time mand i could buy at half what i paid sunterra for them.