Report Abuse

Re: Who pays taxes at check-in?

[Q=adahiscout] [Q=hennyp] This is something that should be clearly stated in the rental agreement or lease. Last I heard the Disney charge was $ 95 and applied only to those exchanging in.[/Q] ======== If the owners don't have to pay this fee at Disney resorts, the person renting out the unit may not even be aware of the charge. The incoming guest pays the owner for the use of the unit. On site fees, taxes and surcharges regularly collected at check-in are also his responsibility. The owner certainly does not get these! What a mess it would be to try collecting these in advance as part of the rental and then distributing them properly between the resort, the government, etc.! The owner should tell the renter approximately how much might be involved, if he knows. These fees are usually an overseas or Mexican problem, but there are a few US resorts with mandatory "amenities fees" or other government required extras. Most people take them in stride as one of the costs of travel. MD[/Q] --------- When I rented out my unit, I offset the rental by the cost of the fees that were to be charged at checkin. I stated in the rental agreement that extra fees were going to be charged and what fees such as housekeeping were optional.