Report Abuse

Re: Re: TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

The contract rescission (cancellation) period is 5 days under what passes for “law” in Mexico, so they are certainly under [b]no[/b] obligation to honor any cancellation request submitted several months after you signed the contract. I have never heard of [b]any[/b] instance of a Mexican RTU contract breach resulting in [b]any[/b] action beyond maybe a few toothless collection letters, nor do I believe that they can or will file a negative credit report for a U.S. or Canadian citizen. This is just a personal observation, offered after closely following timeshare matters for several decades now and my input is not offered as legal advice or any form of substitute for obtaining your own professional legal advice. It is a personal observation — no more, no less. In any scenario, you will forfeit any deposit paid and all payments made since then. If they have any of your credit card information already, you should consider promptly cancelling that card and getting a new one with a different account number, in order to prevent any possibility of unauthorized charges being made to your credit card by the involved party / parties in Mexico.