Report Abuse

Re: Royal Mayan vs the Royal Haciendas in Playa Del Carmen

[Q=stacey157] I currently have the Royal Mayan reserved for June, but I actually wanted the Royal Haciendas because I wanted to be in Playa Del Carmen. Obviously this resort has gotten great reviews, I was just curious if anyone has stayed at the Royal Haciendas in Playa? ANd if you like them both equally. Also curious if yo uhave any feedback on cancun vs Playa. We are not night life people at all. This is a family trip. (3 adults, 3 teenagers).[/Q] Hi: I own timeshares at the Royal Hacienda ( 1yr) and the Royal Mayan (12yrs). Both excellent and for varying reasons. Hacienda: good easy acess beach... calmer waters than what can get you at the Mayan. Facility is exceptional, kayaking, snorkeling, touring, etc.,. much easier from here than Mayan. Five minutes from Playa del Carmen, great places to eat and shop... fast to Cozumel,.. might be of more interest to your teenagers. You are also closer here.. to any of the activities of the area. Mayan: - nice,... great tanning and walking beach,.. close to downtown,... etc., lots to do, if you like being in a Miami beach type of enviorement. Like them both... but because I spent so many years in Cancun,... the Haciendas had a little more appeal to me and my wife... were are 60 + and not looking for the Cancun night life anymore... Hope you enjoy wherever you are going to staying... These are memoreable trips particularly if you have your family with you... Ron