Report Abuse

Re: Recent Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta purchase at resort ? Anybody have some good/bad things to say about Mayan Palaces ??

[Q=lisag275] I'm so relieved to read the positive reviews of the Mayan Palace. My husband and I became members while on our honeymoon in June, and are now questioning whether or not we made a good decision! We actually purchased "someone else's" contract (apparantly the other couple was upgrading), which allowed us to waive the mandatory maintenence fees for the first 5 years. So we don't pay anything if we don't use our weeks. Anyway, we'd like to try to make some of our money back by renting out some of our weeks during the next few years, but are perplexed on how to go about doing this. The Mayan Palace has a list of 5 or 6 rental companies that they reccommend-has anyone used any of these companies to rent out their weeks? If so, do you have any positive/negative feedback on your experience and ability to get rid of your weeks? If you haven't used the reccommended companies, what are some ways that you have been successful in renting out your weeks? I'd appreciate any advice-we're new to the timeshare world! Thanks![/Q] We bought at the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta Aug. 2006 and immediately called one of the renting companies suggested by the Grand Mayan, Resorts International. They quickly took my $299 and said it would be rented in 60 days. Needless to say, a year plus later, nothing! When I call I get a recording or someone saying we're close. Save your money. I'm trying to rent on my own since July and have gotten lots of responses, though nothing definite yet. It's coming, though. I can feel it! ' Good luck.