Report Abuse

Re: New to Bluegreen...Any insight??

[Q=dawns] We have been owners at Oasis Lakes since it was built and in 1995 returned and were convinced by Bule Green to give up our fixed weeks 51 & 52 for points. What a big mistake and more money ! We now own 37,000 points and are Gold preferred members, but have not since returned to the US and do not intend to, therefore every year I have book weeks to the value of out points and bank them in the RCI Weeks system, which is a nightmare in itself. Our weeks do give us 2 weeks in a 2 bed one year and 3 weeks in a 2 bed the following year at Oasis Lakes but can be used anywhere in Blue Green resorts. As we holiday in Europe, in the main, being in the RCI weeks system we are treated as 2nd class citizens, because the points members get the best availability and our weeks at Oasis lakes do not seem to trade as well as they used to when we first bought. Fortunately for us, we now also own at the MacDonalds Dona Lola Resort, which I can highly recommend and this enables to get the peak summer weeks in Spain. We have been trying to sell the BLue Green points, almost since we bought then and havent been successful. We have been told that the gold preferred status will transfer with them. And we arent asking anywhere near what we paid for them - So Ebay - here I come. Anybody got any other suggestions ![/Q] ===================================== I don't know if you caught it, but previously within this very thread (see above), a poster has identified the Internet site for a Bluegreen users group. It might be beneficial to you to post a similar inquiry there, as there might well be more collective insight and suggestions there (maybe even some prospective buyers) among current Bluegreen owners as to the actual value and/or marketability of your Bluegreen points ownership. Good luck.