Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

[Q=bhass913] I own points in Shell and Fairfield (Wyndham). I have been very happy with the flexibility of points. Due to a recent financial problem I want to rent out my points since I cannot afford to travel at this time. I read at this site that if you rent them out that the trip can be cancelled, but yet I see many rental ads posted. How do I prevent this problem? I will go to tug2 and read but want to do this asap. Any ideas? Help would be appreciated.[/Q] =========== The issue with rentals being cancelled relate to renting out exchanges obtained through RCI or Interval International. I have read threads that say you can't even rent your home week if it is with an RCI Points resort, though I'm still trying to get a definitive answer for that question. Allegedly, since all the RCI Points weeks are "deposited" into the RCI system, any booking of a week (at home resort or otherwise) is treated as an exchange. You should check with Shell and/or Fairfield for their rules and regulations. Good Luck