Report Abuse

Resale buy backs, prices and discrimination?

I have been shopping for a MC unit for sometime now. I want the 1 bed,2 bath with a lock on Xmas week every other year if I book a year or so out. It seems a week every year runs about $15K to 18K on redweek. A week every other year runs about 8 to 10K. MC tells me they are the only ones who can give me a guarantee of Xmas week every other year, but their price is $19K for that or the equivalent of about $38K if I were to buy a week a year. They claim if I try to buy a week a year at $15 to 20K they will exercise their right of first refusal and buy it out from under me. Failing that, they say they will know I have bought on the secondary market (by three zeros they add to the membership number) and give me a lower priority in booking when I call to reserve a room, even if I do it a year out. I have seen the trouble and frustration on this site about MC bookings by members and wonder if I can believe anything I hear from them at this point. I am interested in any input any of you might have. thanks