Report Abuse

Re: Pahio resorts bought over by Wyndham Resorts

[Q=stevew242] It is a long time since this thread started, but I thought I'd post a followup. We spent Week 2 of '08 at Pahio at Bali Hai. (Not ours, but as guests of my wife's folks.) We didn't sit through the pushy sales presentation, but later I did go back and talk to one of the sales managers. He emphasized that whatever was purchased through Pahio, you still own. But as people convert to Wyndham, the pool of available Pahio exchanges will shrink. If you own a fixed week, it might eventually get hard to do anything except that week. If you own a floater, I'm not sure how that would play out. If all you want to do is exchange it for points, then you're okay. If you like that resort and want to stay there, your options might be limited over time.[/Q] Thank you for responding to the forum. We did go there this past July-07. We did attend an owners update because we had lots of questions. Of course they want you to became a Wyndham owner, but in able to do that you have to buy another timeshare unit at Bali Hai. We don't need two units at the same resort, and of course the units are very pricey. They told us for the existing Pahio rooms to get updated to the new wyndham look there had to be certain percentage of owners that own at the same building to buy into Wyndham. I can't remember the percentage. They also said that most owners are buying another room. So we thought that the chances might be good since most of the other owner are buying into Wyndham that we will just stay with our existing Pahio ownership and hopefully our building will get the updated look. We are points owners at Pahio-Wyndham, and we do use this timeshare about once every 3-5 years. So hopefully we will not have a problem using our timeshare in the future.