Report Abuse

Re: WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET FREE LEGAL ADVICE ON DUMPING TIMESHARES?

[Q=richardw235] We e-mailedthe resort to see if they would take our paid deed back, and they said they would not due to the fact they have too many units in foreclosure, we explained to them that we cannot pay 2009 fees, but they did not send us a reply on that part. We will keep trying to give it away and then go from there. Our lawyer here in Utah told us that in Utah no one could come after any of our assests, only take the timeshare deed back for that is all that is involved with the maintenance fees and taxes. But he did not know what Florida laws are, so now we will begin searching those laws. Thanks to all of you for helping.[/Q] [b]See, that's why the resort is refusing to take your deed back ....... they already have foreclosures to deal with much less taking deeds back, however I would NOT continue to communicate with them by email, I would phone (or better yet go there in person) and talk to the resort manager. It would be even better to get in touch with the resort's HOA and explain your situation (age, health, finances etc). Another thing you can do is advertise your timeshare on various internet sites, here on Redweek or on Ebay for $1.00. If your resort is in a decent location, and you own in a decent timeframe (ie: south Florida during snowbird season) and the resort has [i]any[/i] demand, then you can probably unload it for $1.00. You might offer to pay the closing costs to gain more attention and interest to your ad.[/b]