Report Abuse

Resort Salespeople

[Q=broncogirl07] I love my vacations at Pueblo Bonito, but the sales people are so hard to shut down. Does anyone have any good advice on how to tell them I am not interested at this time in buying another unit? I go on the tours for the benefits they offer and because the people want you to take the tour. I'd like to find a polite way to say no and be done with the sales pitch. Thanks for any advice[/Q] What I do to justify the time spent is to take the amount of benefits I am going to receive and divide it by the amount of hours I am spending ( usually two). I figure I'm making between $50 and $60 an hour--that's not too bad for a vacation! That said, we simply but politely ( with a smile) continue to repeat: "Thank you very much, but we've made a final decision and we're not going to buy something this year." It's hard for anyone to argue with a a broken record. We might add: "I appreciate all the hard work you are doing, but we've made a final decision and we're not.. etc ....." I don't find the PB sales people that intrusive, but with other timeshares where they have been I'll excuse myself to go to the restroom and let my husband say no while I'm gone. :)