Report Abuse

Interval International /

[Q=carolh248] I am fairly new to the timeshare world (Interval) but I must be doing something wrong! Two of the last 3 years we could not get our request. I turned my week in first but our requests never come through. And the people are generally not nice to deal with on the phone. It seems like you have to request a year in advance. If you have a family that can be difficult. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.[/Q] I'm surprised because we have dealt with II two different times over the years ,first time for about five years and we just returned in 2005. I have never had bad treatment from a II agent but if I did I would ask to be transfered to management. One thing you need to understand is II works on a fair exchange like a high tier resort two bedroom for same exchange. Some unhappy members buy a one bedroom in a silver rated resort and expect to get a gold leaf(Five Star) two bedroom in Hawaii on the beach and this just isn't going to happen. This rule changes if you wait for 59 days then make your pick of a resort you want. Then you can pickup some great exchanges. We always do a Request First and this way if we don't get one of our three or four choices we keep our week and enjoy it. This is one of the reasons for years I tell eveyone to buy where you love to vacation. Last few years we have taken fourth of July week so it doesn't matter to us if we get a trade or not. This year we traded our other unit for Maui in May 2008. This is one of the great plans that II has had for years. PHIL12