Report Abuse

New to Bluegreen...Any insight??

[Q=pamelan36] [Q=timothyh28] Hello! Just signed with Bluegreen and second guessing as this is our 1st exposure to a program like this. Are any of you owners with Bluegreen or had exposure to them? Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated! We only have 48 hours to bail!![/Q] --------------- Hi. My husband and I became Bluegreen owners in 2002. We have 5,000 annual points and are owners at Big Cedar Wilderness Club near Branson, Missouri. We have used our points and bonus time A LOT!! Mostly at Big Cedar because it is only approx. 3 hours from home and we could usually just call up and get reservations for a quick get away. We have not endured any problems and actually really like the program. There are no set weeks --- just the use of points, or bonus time at a great rate. We had high hopes of taking great vacations and someday passing our deed on to our child. Unfortunately, we have to sell our deed due to falling on some unforseen circumstances. If anyone has any info. on how to sell, please let me know. Thanks.[/Q] ============ As suggested farther up the topic line, the Bluegreen owners site is bluegreen@yahoogroups.com. A regular contributer there is Jim (bocabum1999@yahoo.com). He is both a Bluegreen owner and an authorized resale agent with Pinnacle which is BG related. Resale points purchased via Pinnacle DO count toward certain benefits such as VIP levels which usually do NOT come with resale points from other sources. This gives Pinnacle an "edge" for getting sellers a decent price on the resale market and getting full benefits for buyers. An earlier poster mentioned that they are hoping to sell through Pinnacle, though I don't know whether Jim was their contact person. (I hope he appreciates all the free advertising I seem to be giving him lately!) However, you might also try renting Big Cedar through RedWeek and try to avoid selling, since you are a happy owner. I should add that we ourselves are happy owners of 26,000 points. MD