Report Abuse

Timeshare resale companies thoughts...

[Q=carminep4] Thieves have many faces and characteristics. The real scam artists are the timeshares thamselves. For example, paying 15,000 dollars for a vacation you only used once isn't a scam? Plus the 500-700 dollars a year paid to the resorts for upkeep. The Timeshares like Wyndam, Starwood, Blue-Green don't have resale programs that work. Heck, they just want you to stop using so they can rent it out. The fact is that minutes after you sign the contract on your timeshare, in most cases, it is only worth pennies on a dollar. For example, I have seen $20,000 timeshares resell for 500 dollars. A timeshare is a luxury item, only good if you use it. I am convinced that the timeshare companies like having people call them on the phone and tell them their timeshare is worth an inflated amount. It pumps up the empty balloon which is the time share value. Listing companies take your money, don't advertise their website, and no offers ever come in. Timeshares are selling, but not near the price people want. Remember the scam artists are the Timeshare salesman that sold it to gullible people.[/Q] I am an owner at Bluegreen and seeing your post has just crushed me, My husband and I blindly bought into the whole scene. And of course we were told that if we ever wanted to resale it that each year the price of our 10,000 pts that we receive each year, would just keep going up. Yesterday I had one of those resale reps call me and offered me $1000.00 to my timeshare. I just laughed. We paid right at $30,000 and I was offered $1,000, that's how much our points went up.But seriously can anyone tell me a legit co. to get to resell our timeshare, with no upfront fees? I did a search for timeshare brokers, and GMAC came up. I figured OK a legit real estate co. this is GREAT. When I spoke with the lady on the phone all was going great then she asked for a $1200 registration fee, that's when I said no thank you and hung up. So who can you trust?