Report Abuse

the cliffs

[Q=mikej110] We have a chance to stay for a week in july as an rci exchange. I was hoping someone could tell me about their one bedroom units and whether AC truly isn't necessary because of breezes. Thanks[/Q] I was just there in December we did not use the air conditioner at all. Of course it rained every day for at least 30 minutes and did not affect our vacation at all. We were in the property just across the street, the Ali Kai II which is also a great property. If you can get in there it has a beautiful view of the ocean and the mountains. I am not sure about the mountain view from the Cliffs. Be sure to drive down to the Princeville hotel at the west end of the road to the Cliffs. Tour the hotel and go down to the surf. The snorkelling is fantastic. The snorkelling at the Mariott (not the one at the airport but the other one farther on the south side of the island) is great. We took bagels in ziplock bags and the more you feed the fish the bigger the fish come to eat. They will eat out of you hand so be careful as the teeth are sharp. I got scraped but did not bleed. The cliff view at the Cliffs is breathtaking and I counted 8 waterfalls in the distance off of the mountains looking toward the west. Dean