Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone stayed here?

[Q=lynnew34] [Q=billfoster424] We live in Las Vegas as a transplant from Ohio, but love going to the Riviera Beach/Shores every year on vacation. We do adventures from a base there; Long Beach Queen Mary, walk the LB marina and have a drink in some neat little places although I can't tell you the names! Balboa Island is an adventure to get a place to park but once you do you can spend a day walking, loitering and talking to the locals! Head south to Old Town San Diego for a day of exploring and learning about other "cultures". Take an evening Ghost Walk/Tour. Head over to Seaport Village, ride the carousel and do some shopping. Head up to Fullerton and have a salad at Rutabagora's near the University there, good luck finding it but when you do be prepared for some old fashioned laid back California beatnik atmosphere! We'll be at the Beach the end of May this year. I was told last year that the fall of 07 the Shores was getting some major renovation. As others said, it is badly needed. Both resorts are small, super friendly, customer oriented and make for a great vacation. I agree with the ealier comments about Oleanders the Mexican restaurant next door, I no longer go there due to the extreme prices and frankly not as good as many others here in Las Vegas. I hear Croce's in San Diego is good, we plan on trying it this year ourselves. It is owned and operated by the widow of Jim Croce, that alone makes it worth at least one trip to try it out! Enjoy your stay in Southern California, there is too much to do in only one trip. Plan now to come back![/Q] I will defintely check out your suggestions. Thanks so much. Did you go to the LA area while you were there. I was also wondering if it was possible to get the train nearby to go to LA?[/Q] You can catch the train in San Juan Capistrano a short, 10 minute drive from the resort. My suggestion though is to drive into LA. since there will be more than one in the car, you can use the car pool lanes! if going up that way did I mention Hollywood Blvd, Graumans Chinese Theater, the la Brea Tar Pits and the Farmers Market? All neat typical Ca places to go. Also go by The Beverly Hills Hotel and walk around, have a cup'o joe in the Polo grill and maybe see somebody famous. Elton John was there the last time I was. We are going to the Beach in a couple of weeks, always love to go there!