Report Abuse

Mexican "transaction" of nearly 2 years ago...

manonb4 asks above for input on a Mexican "transaction" ================================================== Without seeing the actual, precise language of the referenced "contract" and without knowing whether the resort signatory (or signatories) back in 2006 actually had any authority (....quite possibluy not) to represent company "guarantees" at the time of execution in 2006, it is not really possible to provide you with any well informed or meaningful legal guidance in the context of an Internet discussion forum (and no, my legal services are neither available nor offered by my responding here, so this is certainly NOT a solicitation of any kind to represent you). The suggestion that first comes to mind is that you should contact Profeco (in writing, not by phone or email) and spell out all the facts and events in this matter in clear, specific, chronological detail (including any and all names known), also providing photocopies (not originals) of any and all documentation. Absent all of the available facts and / or any actual documentation, my "gut instinct" tells me that Profeco might very well be your one and only hope for ANY kind of resolution / restitution here --- and I can't honestly say that I'm optimistic even then. The Mexican "legal & justice" system is just a bad joke, so your best hope for any success at all likely lies in attempting to leverage the fact that the resort almost certainly does not want Profeco "on its' back", particularly if resort actions or representations were blatantly inappropriate. If you can't get any satisfaction utilizing Profeco, I'd be willing to wager that you are likely just plain out of luck. Just a suggestion and my personal opinion, based on the very limited information provided and without benefit of any "contract" documentation to examine. Good luck.