Report Abuse

Re: Royal Marketing Group

[Q=lingj] [Q=lesc11] Ken, This company was on a list that Mayan resorts gives to buyers so they can market(rent) it out to receive monies back to help with the purchase of their properties. They recommended this paticular company although they say they don't "recommend" purchasing vacation ownership for rental. Having already experienced the upfront fee and the "we got your money, see ya, marketing ploy," have not invested any money with them. My main objective here is for anyone that has had an experience with them good or bad to reveal their experience. If they provide great performance as a company and marketed or rented your property as agreed, let us know. If not, let us know that also. I want to make it clear though, that my family and I have enjoyed many wonderful vacations at the Mayan resorts and will continue to do so in the future. They are awsome properties!! Les[/Q] Thanks for the information you provided. I just bought timeshare from Mayan Group. It seems that company encourages timeshare buyers to rent out their weeks through the rental companies provided by the Mayan Group. I haven't made calls to Royal Marketing Group or other two rental companies yet.[/Q] ============ I kind of hit the ceiling when we were negotiation a trade from Mayan Palace to Grand Mayan and then learned that the list of rental organizations charged up front fees. They finally SUBTRACTED THE AMOUNT OF AN UP FRONT FEE from our already determined new contract cost. Since we have not actually used the companies on that list, I guess we are ahead of the game. MD