Report Abuse

Renting and /or selling...

[Q=daveg110]Our family just returned from a stay at the Grand Mayan in Puerto Vallarta, MX. We went to a presentation and bought at the Mayan. We now need to sell our timeshare at Paradise Village (just a few resorts away from the Mayan resorts.) They gave us a list of rental/resale companies, but I don't like the idea of giving them money up front - they have no real incentive to sell your property at that point. Thanks for the info in your message. I will try the websites you mentioned. Have you had success in selling/renting timeshares? If so, which website did you use? Please let me know if there are any other tips I should know before trying to sell my Paradise timeshare. Thanks, Guest[/Q] [b]I have sold 9 timeshares on the internet all of which I received what I wanted (what I paid initially resale) except for the developer bought timeshare which I lost money bigtime reselling it. You have to remember that you will not get on the resale market what you paid the developer (no where near it). If you bought developer then you will take a substantial loss. I sold my 9 timeshares here on Redweek, www.myresortnetwork, www.bidshares.com and I may have sold one on Ebay ... it's been awhile, HOWEVER that was before the postcard companies and their 1 cent to 1 dollar timeshares on Ebay. The key is to price it right and below other ads. Never ever pay an upfront fee (in the hundreds of dollars) to list your timeshare. Upfront fee companies are outright scams.[/b]