Report Abuse

Bugs and the Smell of Urine at the Bay Club

I stayed at the Bay Club at Waikoloa in November 2007 and was nothing short of disgusted by this property to the point I was about to move to the Sheraton on my last night, but I didn't think it was worth ~$400. My two primary complaints were bugs that were on the counter and I first noticed them on the second night followed by discovering how bad they were on my third and final night. My second issue was the definite smell of urine in the kitchen area of the unit which seemed to be much worse after coming back the second day after having left the air conditioning off when I was out that day. I am regretting not demanding a different unit the second night, but hate having to repack and move between rooms like a hobo. In regards to the condition of this place, I though that the rooms looked thread-bare as a whole and it was no place near the quality that I expect from Hilton Grand Vacations Club affiliated properties. My follow up was filling in a complaint card when I checked out and asking to speak to the manager who was nowhere to be found, so I voiced my concerns to the front desk staff. Additionally, I completed their online survey that I received an email for. Their response was an email stating that the unit I had stayed in was sprayed for bugs and no urine smell was found, nothing more.