Report Abuse

Global Vacation system

We checked them out and found that they received the F rating due to not responding to customer questions or complaints. They have 2 unanswered on the BBB. They kept pushing for us to pay a VAT in Mexico for $7500 on credit card. What we found out was VAT is only paid for by the purchaser of goods or services. We were selling them our property which would make them the purchaser. We also found that no VAT is to be paid on real estate. Our rep with GVS was very good at contacting us, but very unclear and vague about the whole process. The documents that he sent to us had no details on rules or disclosures of the transfer of our money only that it was going to go through Mexico with a comany called GRS-Guarantee Rental System. I looked them up and found them to be another timeshare company. When I approached our rep about this, he stated that they were a timeshare company, but also an escrow company. That sounded a bit strange to me. I researched into the process of doing business through Mexico and several websites spoke of notaries and even having a lawyer to help because business practices can sometimes be a bit dodgy. GVS offered a title company on their website and when I asked if I could get a contact, they recommended GRS. Needless to say, we decided to not do business with them. The offer was too good to be true, and without any legal documentation or any details on the whole transaction, we refused. They did say though that they would give all of that AFTER we paid the $7500. Don't do business with these people, and if you do, let me know if it works out!!