Report Abuse

Re: Interval International /

[Q=jayjay] [Q=daves250] Is there a mechanism to find out what your chances ar to find out your relative chances of getting a resort or what your true trading power is? I own a redweek #52 on Florida's west coast. I've put in a request 17 months in advance for what should be a popular request. I don't know if I'm wasting my time or not simply because I don't know where I am in line. Is there 10 people with better weeks than mine ahead of me in the process? Are people with better weeks going to barge ahead of me in 5 months time? I don't mind the wait, just wish there was somebody to give you a staright answer as to popularity of request and where you rate. Almost every question I've asked II is greeted with a "it depends"...It's like me sitting with a lottery ticket and the gas company calling looking when they'll get payment...it depends...[/Q] [b]I'm not sure there is a STRAIGHT answer to your question ...... trading power is at the mercy of the exchange companies and it seems to be a secret formula with the big two, RCI and II. However one criteria of trade power has to do with supply and demand of the resort and time period that you own. The southwest coast of Florida is very popular during snowbird season (after New Years until early spring or until snows thaw up north), but I have no idea what trading power a week 52 would have. It would depend on your resort and the supply and demand of that week.[/b][/Q] First off, I want to thank everybody on this site and convey what a great place it is. How I've been a timeshare owner for all these years and not know about it, I have no idea, just glad I've found it and want to thank everybody. I've always been ok with my weeks and their trading power, I've made some good exchanges over time.In reading everything there is here, I've found out why I've never been able to land the "big one." You know, that dream resort in a dream location on the exact week you want it. The one we're all told about whenever we attend sales presentations. I've always been told that it is about the owner of these weeks and their willingness to deposit them.If I truly want one, I have to deposit my week early and pay up front and hope for the best. The only time I did this I was encouraged to make as many choices as possible and silly me, I thought I would have the right of refusal. Sure enough choice #12 came up 2 weeks after my request and I was stuck with it. Anyway, I sorta know the answer to my own question and would like confirmation. I really want a specific week in a long time from now (about 18 months). I'm beginning to realize that if somebody is trading in a Ferrari, my Honda simply ain't going to get it, no matter how early I get in line. Now I'm wondering what is the best way of getting that Ferrari. The answer seems to be redweek. Here I can deposit 2 weeks, even more as their dues become due, and use them all together to get the one week I want. This not only seem like the best option, but the only option. Any thoughts from anybody about getting that special week?