Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Appraisals for Estate Disposition

stevenb119 quips: >> I don't buy the different units, etc. If you buy a floating week of a two bedroom it is what it is. And it would seem to me that sales in fee simple of timeshares have to be recorded and are a matter of public record like any transaction of real estate.<< ============================================== Your initial inquiry did NOT specify (or in any other way remotely mention) floating week ownership or unit size. Absent those relevant, critical details, I was merely pointing out that such factors directly influence market value. Prime FIXED weeks in Florida, for example, are worth lots more money than (often use-restricted) floating weeks, even within the exact same resort. 2BR units are always worth lots more than studios or 1BR. But again, your original post provided NONE of those important details or factors. My apologies for not actually being clairvoyant... Yes, recorded Florida timeshare deeds will indeed reflect selling price. However, the logistical difficulty which you face is in actually finding and retrieving a recent "comparable", since recordings are generally researched by grantor or grantee or date --- not by facility or week. In short, there is quite simply no "easy button" for you to push for an instant answer. You're welcome; best of luck to you.